Red Label AW13/14
The Revolution has already begun.
The fact of man-made climate change is accepted by most people. Through every walk of life people are changing their values and their behaviour. This continues to build the Revolution. The fight is no longer between the classes or between rich and poor but between the idiots and the eco-conscious.
MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Climate Revolution is the only means towards a sound economy. When the general public massively switches on to this fact we will win.
RESIST ECONOMIC PROPAGANDA
Our economic system, run for profit and waste and based primarily on the extractive industries, is the cause of climate change. We have wasted the earth’s treasure and we can no longer exploit it cheaply. This shows up as a symptom; the symptom which is the proof of climate change is the economic crisis. Climate crisis and economic crisis are like serpents who eat each other’s tail. Economists treat economics as if it is a pure science divorced from the facts of life. The result of this false accountancy is a willful confusion under cover of which industry wreaks its havoc scot-free and ignores the human and environmental cost. The old, blind, mechanistic and life threatening view of economists prevents a true analysis. If they included climate change in their analysis we could work towards a better future. If we want a sound economy we have to have a sound environment . What’s good for the planet is good for the economy / What’s bad for the planet is bad for the economy.
PLAN OF OPERATION
1. Assert the connection between the climate crisis and the economic crisis.
2. Implement two measures without which we cannot stop climate change:
• Establish the Arctic Commons
• Save the Rainforest
Both of these are possible right now.
3. Tackle the need for clean energy.
4. Curb the Corporations, especially the extractive industries and agribusiness. (We notice a recently coined word, “Corporocracy”.)
5. We shall now form a cabinet of operations – to include NGO’s, businesses and celebrities with access to the social media.
HOW TO JOIN THE REVOLUTION
1. Money is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
2. Quality v Quantity
3. Buy less, choose well, make it last (we don’t want the “latest thing” just for the sake of it.) “I never waste money I spend it”- Oscar Wilde. Maybe you’ll give a donation to an NGO or charity.
4. Prepare and cook your own food.
5. Cut out plastic when possible, for instance making a plastic bottle consumes 50 times the amount of water than it contains.
6. Inform yourselves.
7. NGO’s: there are thousands, follow one in particular and give your support. You will learn a lot.
8. Consider the responsibility of not having or having children.
9. Take an active part in the Revolution as it starts to build.
10. Engage in art and culture (Get off the consumer treadmill; discriminate, don’t suck up.)
For more information and to join Vivienne’s revolution go to her ‘Get a Life’ blog: www.activeresistance.co.uk